TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- SHARING & DISCLOSURE
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CONTACT US
Thank you for using Yonder! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Yonder. We have a dedicated privacy team that’s committed to protecting all the personal information we collect and help ensure that personal information is handled properly worldwide.
1.2 Data Controller
1.3 Applicability to Payments
- Payments Data Controller is Stripe, Inc.
Please see the Contact Us section below for contact details of the Data Controllers and Payments Data Controllers.
2. Information We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together into three general categories of information as set out below.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Yonder Platform. We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Yonder Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a Yonder Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the Yonder Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Yonder Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Stripe).
- Communications with Yonder and other Members. When you communicate with Yonder or use the Yonder Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Yonder Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Yonder profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information, as indicated in your Account settings, is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the Yonder Platform, like inviting them to use Yonder.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Yonder Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us (such as through Steward/ Host Stories), or use other features of the Yonder Platform.
2.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Steward/Host, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information (such as your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number) in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information we automatically collect from your use of the Yonder Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Yonder Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Yonder Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Yonder Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Yonder may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Yonder Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Yonder Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Yonder Platform, even if you have not created a Yonder Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Yonder Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Yonder Platform.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the Yonder Platform currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
- Payment Transaction Information. Stripe collects information related to your payment transactions through the Yonder Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date, and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Yonder and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Yonder Account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Your References. If someone has written a reference for you, it will be published on your Yonder public profile page with your consent. To learn more, see our Help Center article about References.
- Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Yonder may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, Yonder may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Enterprise Product Invitations and Account Management. Organizations that use our Enterprise products (such as Yonder for work or programs with property managers and owners) may submit personal information to facilitate account management and invitations to use enterprise products.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Yonder, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Yonder Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.2 Children’s Data.
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 16. If you believe that we are processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us using the information provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
3. How We Use Information We Collect
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data
We plan to use, store, and process your personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Yonder Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Yonder Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Yonder Platform.
We may use personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Yonder Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the Yonder Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Yonder Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Yonder Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions, ranking search results), and facilitate claims with our Steward Guarantee, Steward Protection Insurance, Experience Protection Insurance or other similar steward protection programs, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Yonder Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Yonder Platform, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Yonder Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
We may use the personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Yonder Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the Yonder Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Yonder Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Yonder Platform, our community, or third parties. If you challenge the decisioning based on the automated process, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the Yonder Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time].
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase, service experience or other transactions.
We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Yonder, or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Yonder or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Yonder Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any Yonder Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. (Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an Yonder Account). And
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities (for example, when you share your Steward story, we may use the information provided to reach out to you to invite you to relevant events).
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.4 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Personal Information Collected.
We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services such as to:
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary, for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
3.5 SMS Terms for U.S.
Yonder will use reasonable commercial efforts to deliver the automated marketing text messages to the number you provide through compatible wireless carriers. Carriers and Yonder are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. The short code we use for some Text Message Services may not be supported on all U.S. carriers.
By "Opting In" to a Text Message Service:
- You expressly authorize Yonder to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with your Opt-In (i.e., the number listed on the Opt-In form or instructions, or, if none, the number from which you send the Opt-In, or, if none, the number on file for your account). You also authorize Yonder to include marketing content in any such messages. You do not have to Opt-In or agree to Opt-In as a condition of purchase.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, request a free paper or email copy of the Opt-In, or to update our records with your contact information, please contact us via the methods described in the Contact Us section. To view and retain an electronic copy of these SMS Terms or the rest of your Opt-In, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or cell phone) with internet access, and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. If you withdraw your consent, certain features of our service may not be available to you. To update information on how we would contact you electronically, visit your Notification settings in your account settings.
- You confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to Opt-In.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, update our records with your contact information, please visit your Yonder account Notifications settings or contact customer support.
- These SMS Terms still will apply if you withdraw the consent mentioned above or opt out of the Text Message Service.
After Opting In, in addition to the main messages the service offers, you may receive one or more welcome messages or administrative messages, such as (in some cases) a request to confirm your Opt-In.
About the Text Message Services and Opting Out
Message and data rates may apply. Unless otherwise noted, Text Message Services send multiple, recurring messages. Yonder may terminate any Text Message Service or your participation in it at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before you have received any or all messages that you otherwise would have received, but these SMS Terms still will apply. Text STOP to any promotional message to Opt-Out or if applicable update your “Notification” settings on your Yonder account.
For additional help, text HELP in response to a marketing message or contact customer service.
3.6 Your Choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Yonder. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Yonder sends to you.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you, or access the notification settings in your Yonder Account.
- To revoke permissions that you may have given to send promotional text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
- You can always update your notification settings within your Yonder Account by visiting the Notifications section of your Yonder Account. Please note that even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations or fraud alerts.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided express opt-in consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Yonder Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Yonder partners or third parties.
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the Yonder Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Yonder. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may, at any time ask Yonder to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to opt-out@Yonder.com.
4.2 Sharing between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Guest submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Steward/Host (and Co-Steward/Co-Host, if applicable), including your profile, full name, the full name of any additional Guests, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- When you as a Steward/Host (or Co-Steward/Co-Host, if applicable) have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest (and the additional Guests they may invite, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, full name, phone number, and Accommodation or Activity address.
- When you as a Steward/Host invite another Member to become a Co-Steward/Co-Host, you authorize the Co-Steward/Co-Host to access and update your information and Member Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, phone number, Accommodation address, calendar, Listing information, Listing photos, and email address.
- When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your full name, travel dates, Steward/Host name, Listing details, the Accommodation address, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest.
- When you as a Guest initiate a Group Payment Booking Request certain information about each participant such as first name, last initial, profile picture, as well as the booking details is shared among all participants of the Group Payment Booking Request.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
4.3 Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
The Yonder Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Listing pages are publicly visible and include information such as the Stay or Activities location, Listing description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, Guests and Stewards may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the Yonder Platform (such as the Listing page).
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Yonder Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Yonder Platform we may display parts of the Yonder Platform (e.g., your Listing page) on sites operated by Yonder’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the Yonder Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account Settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
4.4 Additional Services by Stewards/Hosts.
Stewards/Hosts may need to use third-party services available through the Yonder Platform to assist with managing their Accommodation or providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Stewards/Hosts may use features on the Yonder Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out dates, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third-party service providers for the purposes of coordinating the stay, managing the Accommodation, or providing other services. Stewards/Hosts are responsible for third-party service providers they use and ensuring those service providers process Guest information securely and in compliance with applicable law including data privacy and data protection laws.
4.5 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Yonder and Stripe may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Yonder, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Yonder, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, Steward/Host tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Yonder Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Yonder’s property, its Members and the Yonder Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.6 Service Providers.
Yonder uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Yonder Platform and the Payment Services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In particular, our service providers are based in Europe, India, Asia Pacific and North and South America.
For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Yonder Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or other similar claims (such as claims under the Yonder Steward Guarantee). These providers have limited access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to provide an adequate level of protection for the personal information and only use the personal information in accordance with our instructions.
Yonder will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
If applicable, please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
4.7 Corporate Affiliates.
To enable or support us in providing the Yonder Platform and the Payment Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within our corporate family of companies (both financial and non-financial entities) that are related by common ownership or control.
- Sharing with Yonder, Inc. Even if your country of residence is not the United States, your information may be shared with Yonder, Inc. which provides the technical infrastructure for the Yonder Platform, product development and maintenance, customer support, trust and safety and other business operation services to other Yonder entities. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Yonder Platform globally.
- Sharing with Stripe. In order to facilitate payments on or through the Yonder Platform, certain information as described above in “Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services” section above, may be shared with the relevant Stripe entity. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
- Sharing with Yonder Ireland. If your country of residence is the United States, some of your information may be shared with Yonder Ireland when you create a Listing or when you book a Steward/ Host Service located outside of the United States (other than in China). The information shared in these circumstances may include: (i) your name, e-mail address and phone number, (ii) information relating to the Listing or Steward/Host Service, including its address, (iii) booking information for the Listing or Steward/Host Service, including but not limited to booking dates and payment amounts, and (iv) the names, nationalities, and identification details (including passport/national ID numbers and expiry dates) of any Guests. Additionally, when you send a message to a Steward/Host or Guest outside of the United States (other than China), your first name, profile picture and message content sent via the Yonder Platform will be shared with Yonder Ireland. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
4.8 Government Registration.
In jurisdictions where Yonder facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application of a Steward/Host with a local governmental authority through the Yonder Platform in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating Stewards/Hosts with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, if applicable, periodically thereafter, such as the Steward's/Host’s full name and contact details, Accommodation address, tax identification number, Listing details, and number of nights booked.
4.9 Information Provided to Enterprise Customers.
If you have linked your Yonder Account to the Yonder Account of a company or other organization (an “Enterprise”), added your work email address, or have a booking facilitated via another party (such as the future employer or other entity) or used a coupon in a similar capacity in connection with an Enterprise (such as using a coupon to pay for an accommodation for an enterprise related event like employment onboarding, orientation, meetings, etc.) through one of our Enterprise products, that Enterprise will have access to your name, contact details, permissions and roles, and other information as required to enable use by you and the Enterprise of such Enterprise products.
4.10 Steward/Host Information Provided to Yonder for Work Customers.
If a booking is designated as being for business purposes and made by a Guest affiliated with an Enterprise, and the Enterprise is enrolled in our Yonder for Work, such as a booking made for business purposes using a coupon provided by an Enterprise, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise, such as the name of the Steward/Host, the Accommodation address, booking dates, pricing, Listing details, and other related information, to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of Yonder’s contract with the Enterprise and to provide the services. At the request of the Enterprise or the Guest, we may also share this information with third parties engaged by the Enterprise to provide travel management, travel planning, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services.
4.11 Guest Information Provided to Yonder for Work Customers.
If you have linked your Yonder Account with an Enterprise, and you are included on a booking designated as being for business purposes, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of Yonder’s contract with the Enterprise. Typically, this includes information related to the booking, such as your name, dates of the booking, number of guests, pricing, Listing details, the Accommodation address, and other related information. At the request of you or your Enterprise, we may also disclose this information to service providers engaged by it, such as companies that provide travel management, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services. In the event of a dispute, emergency, or similar situation involving a booking identified as being for business purposes, Yonder may also share additional relevant information it believes is necessary to safely and quickly address the situation.
4.12 Programs with Managers and Owners.
We may share personal information and booking information with landlords, management companies, and/or property owners in order to facilitate programs with these partners. For example, guest booking and personal information may be shared with owners and property managers of the building, complex, or planned community where a steward lives and/or the listing is to facilitate stewarding services, security, billing, and other services that may be provided.
4.13 Business Transfers.
4.14 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
5. Other Important Information
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Yonder Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Yonder's legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
5.2 Linking Third-Party Accounts.
You may link your Yonder Account with your account at a third-party social networking service. Your contacts on these third-party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Yonder Account profile;
- your activities on the Yonder Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Yonder Platform and/or that third-party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third-party social networking service may be included in your Yonder public profile;
- other Yonder users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other Yonder users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Yonder through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Yonder Platform and the third-party site.
We only collect your information from linked third-party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
5.3 Third-Party Partners & Integrations
The Yonder Platform may contain links to third-party websites or services, such as third-party integrations, co-branded services, or third-party branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Yonder doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Yonder, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your applicable Yonder Data Controller and Payments Data Controller by sending an email to dpo@Yonder.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Yonder Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. 6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Yonder Account). We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
6.3 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us and to check that we are lawfully processing it. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). This is commonly known as a “data subject access request”.
6.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances, you can request to have all your personal information deleted entirely, where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it or you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see 6.5 and 6.6), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Yonder Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Yonder Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Yonder Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Yonder and Stripe may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Yonder Platform, even after your Yonder Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Yonder Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Yonder specifying which consent you are withdrawing.
Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Yonder override your own.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
6.6 Objection to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Yonder to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to opt-out@Yonder.com.
6.7 Lodging Complaints.
You have the right to lodge complaints about our data processing activities by filing a complaint with our Data Protection Officer who can be reached by the “Contact Us” section below or with a supervisory authority.
6.8 Request the transfer of personal data
You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you know or have reason to believe that your Yonder Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Yonder Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
9. CONTACT US
- Yonder Global, PBC., 801 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas, 79704
- Yonder Global Limited, Suite 444, 372 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LT
- Yonder Europe Limited, Dublin, Ireland